Roade Village Hall
Day : 6th October 2013
Judge: Mrs Tracy Jackson (Amantra)
The Japanese Chin Club Championship Show 6th October 2013.
I had a thoroughly enjoyable day judging at the Club Championship show, my thanks to the Committee for the invitation.
I thought the quality overall was higher in the bitches, but I was pleased with both of my line-ups. One thing I did find was lack of body in many of the males, the standard size does not mean thin, and many were placed lower because of this.
Veteran (7,2 abs.)
- Farmer’s SANGRIA IN YOUR DREAMS. Sprightly 10 yr old, moved well around the ring. Lovely head with expressive eyes. fine bone, firm topline, good tailset, moved soundly. Best Veteran.
- McFarlanes SLEEPYHOLLOW ALL THAT JAZZ AT GLENDYKE. 8 yr old of nice size & shape. Lovely topline & tailset. Sound moving behind, pleasing head with nice eyes. Showing age a little more than 1.
- Rose’s ROSSYN RIMIKO.
Minor Puppy Dog. (10, 2 abs.)
- Williamson’s RAKUCHIN BY DESIGN FOR KALAMATA. B/W puppy with “Japanese look”. Nice size with fine bone. Lovely coat of good texture, moved soundly behind, front still needs to settle. Good tailset, pleasing head with good eyes giving good expression, but for me they could be a little darker & needs to carry more body weight. Best Dog Puppy.
- Tong’s DALEHOUSE ELEMENTS OF ELGAR. Sound b/w, nice dark eye, good size. Firm topline & well set tail. Happy, showy temperament. A little longer in back than 1.
- Benton-Taylor’s SANSARC LIFE ON MARS.
Puppy Dog. (5, 2 abs.)
- Matches’ GODHEIM IMPERIAL WIZARD. Puppy with fine bone, nice coat coming. Large dark eyes showing white. Good earset, good tailset & topline. Moved OK.
- SANSARC LIFE ON MARS. Looked immature in puppy, nice size, good topline, tight tail. Moved well behind, needs to tighten in front & I would prefer a tighter foot. Nice dark eyes, needs coat to complete picture.
- Day’s GODHEIM IMPERIAL EMPORER AT DORCHARDAY.
Junior Dog (9, 1abs.)
- Banks CHOYA KIOSHA. B/W with nice short level back, tight tail, fine bone, enough width of chest. Well coated, moved soundly. Dark eyes that could show a touch more white, needs more body weight. A nice boy.
- Vincent’s YAMA JEREMY SLEEPYHOLLOW. Another nice boy, nice size, good topline & tailset. Full coated, nice eye & pigment. Went well around the ring, just preferred finish of face in 1.
- Allitt’s CHARNELL KENJI AT TILLASHBY.
Yearling Dog. (5, 1.)
- Leach’s QUEENSLAKE ACCESS DENIED.
- Moss’ QUEENSLAKE BILLY BONGO. I put in my notes 1 & 2 very similar in type & I see they are litter brothers. Both had nice ribs & good width of chest, were well coated with typical heads & large round eyes. 1 had better tailset & was shorter in back, but I preferred front of second.
- Nishigaki’s CHARNELL KOJI AT UTSUKUSHI.
Novice Dog. (6)
- YAMA JEREMY SLEEPYHOLLOW.
- GODHEIM IMPERIAL WIZARD.
- SANSARC SHISEIDO OF ALNESAIRE.
Post Graduate Dog, (10, 2abs.)
- Farmers SANGRIA CELEBRITY. The star of the show, exquisite b/w, reminded me of Kotaro. Lovely size, excellent topline, very tight tailset. Lovely shape, went very well both ways around the ring. Typical head with fabulous surprised eyes, well cushioned muzzle, fine bone, good feet, good width to chest & good body. CC & BIS.
- Benton-Taylors SANSARC ATTICUS FINCH. Similar in size to 1. Lovely tailset, excellent coat, nice shape, sound mover. Nice eye but not as surprised as 1. Two nice boys.
- HOLMCHIN MARRY ME HARRY.
Mid-Limit Dog. (4.)
- SANSARC ATTICUS FINCH.
- Matches’ GODHEIM SUN OF LIONHEART AT FOCHAI. A little up to size, but a nice type with a full coat, short level back, large round surprised dark eyes. well set tail, went well.
- SANSARC SERENADE WITH ELLINGHURST.
Limit Dog. (12,1 abs.)
- SANSARC ATTICUS FNCH.
- Pearce & Hann’s CHOYA KANJI NA FOR RAKUCHIN. Lovely type, full coat in excellent condition, fine bone. Lovely head with round dark eye & good expression. Needs body to mature him, nice boy of “Japanese” type.
- PEBBLECOMBE JARI AT ARRANBROOK.
Open Dog. (6, 1 abs.)
- Banks CH. HOMERBRENT KOTAISHI OF CHOYA JW. Glamorous b/w boy who went well around the ring & both ways. Good width of chest, pleasing head with nice eyes (to be critical I would like a little more white showing.)well cushioned muzzle, well set ear, lovely topline & tailset, well presented in lovely clean coat & condition. Reserve CC & Reserve BIS.
- Allcock’s SLEEPYHOLLOW RAPHAEL JW Sh CM. Nice boy of good type & size. Moved very smartly around the ring. Pleasing head with good large eye. Well presented in clean silky coat. Well set on tail, just preferred topline of 1.
- FRALEE NAMAKIKE AT ROSSYN.
Special Novice Red/white. (3).
- Dopson’s JALINDRI KISEKI STURN. R/W with the darkest eye of the day (so far) short level back, moved OK both ways, nice type, good colour, a little over wrinkled in head.
- Matches GODHEIM GOLDEN BUDDHA. Puppy with nice dark eye & good pigment, well cushioned muzzle, went well around the ring with good topline. Needs coat to complete picture.
Memorial Special Open R/W. (1).
- Thomas’ JAVALCY CALL ME CHIVERS. Well-presented L/W, nice eye & expression, well cushioned muzzle. Lovely soft silky coat. Moved well around the ring with good tailset. Topline could be a bit firmer and he does need to carry more weight, a nice type.
Memorial Special Open Stakes. (6, 1 abs.)
- QUEENSLAKE BILLY BONGO.
- GOHHEIM SUN OF LIONHEART AT FOCHAI.
- HILLROWS MANHATTAN.
Minor Puppy Bitch (4)
- Crane’s DIDLYN WINDS OF CHANGE WITH CRANVARL. Pretty head with dark eye & well cushioned muzzle, good expression. Fine bone, held her topline well & has a good tailset. Went well, sweet temperament, a little longer in back.
- Gillhespy & Van Baaren CHINART SETSUKO. Mature puppy, up to size for a minor. Lovely head with round dark eye & good expression. Well coated, went well around the ring holding her topline, but moving a little wide in front.
- ASHMENA HATSUKO.
Puppy Bitch (4, 1 abs.)
- Allcock’s YAMA JOSIE SLEEPYHOLLOW. I wasn’t expecting to find my CC winner in puppy bitch, but thought she was lovely. Lovely type & size, fine bone, hare feet, enough width to her chest, well ribbed body, good body. Very pleasing head with lovely surprised eyes, well cushioned muzzle, good pigment, went soundly around the ring holding a good topline & tailset. Well-presented silky coat. CC, BOS & Best Puppy In Show.
- Whitehouse CHEEKYCHINS ESME. Nice type, larger in size, pleasing head, well bodied. Lovely round dark eyes. fine bone, looking good moving around the ring, a nice girl.
- ASMENA HATSU.
Junior Bitch (8)
- Young & Chambers SLEEPYHOLLOW PHYDEAUX MOONLIGHT. This girl did keep dropping her tail at the end of the class, but I liked her head & eye the best. Nice type, round dark eye, well cushioned muzzle, fine bone, a nice size. Quite a few dropped their tails in this class, but she did better in the challenge.
- Kilcoyne’s SLEEPYHOLLOW DONNA ELVIRA. Well bodied petite bitch of nice size, pleasing head with large surprised eyes. well set on tail, went well.
- CHOYA KAMIKO.
Yearling Bitch (2).
- Flynn’s LINJATO AMAYA. Well presented in silky coat, pleasing head, and fine bone. Well set on tail, excellent topline. Round eyes which I would prefer to show a little more white, went well, happy temperament.
- Banks CHOYA KATSUMI. Bitch of nice type & size, fine bone, good type, lovely silky coat, moved soundly. Unfortunately dropped her tail, but I preferred her eye to 1.
Novice Bitch. 2,1 abs)
- YAMA JOSIE SLEEPYHOLLOW.
- Flynn’s LINJATO TAMIKA. Another nice bitch, well bodied & ribbed. Good topline & tailset, short backed fine bone, hare feet, well cushioned muzzle, would just like a little more white of eye.
Post Graduate Bitch (9, 4 abs.)
- Mountcastle’s RAKUCHIN AMAZING GRACE OF HOLMCHIN. Sweet bitch, well shown. Went well & happily around the ring. Silky coat, well placed tail, fine bone. Tends to close her eyes on the table, but could see them once on the ground.
- Allitt’s NISYROS WHITNEY HOOOSCHIN AT TILLASHBY. Smaller, cobbier bitch, well bodied & ribbed. Pleasing head with round eye & sweet expression. Full silky coat, went steadily around the ring.
- DALEHOUSE CRYSTAL JADE.
Mid-Limit Bitch (2,1 abs.)
- Matches’ FOCHAI JASMINE. Nice sized bitch, short level back, well set tail, fine bone. I would like tighter feet. Pleasant head with large surprised eyes, needs coat to complete the picture.
Limit Bitch. (6, 1 abs.)
- Dopson’s FRALEE MISS DAISY OF JALINDRI. Cobby bitch with nice dark eyes ( the only one in this class) short level back, well bodied, well ribbed. Pleasing head with well cushioned muzzle, surprised look. Went well.
- Flynn’s CHOYA ECLYPSE OF LINJATO. Well-presented bitch with lovely silky coat. Moved very smartly & soundly around the ring holding her topline. I would like a little more cushioning to complete the picture.
- JAVALCY CHINA DOLL AT THREADGOLD.
Open Bitch (7).
- Wainwright & Hodgson’s CH JENEN TUTTU FRUTTI. Lovely bitch that caught my eye entering the ring, small & cobby, well presented in good coat. Lovely head with expressive dark eyes. moved soundly & calmly around the ring holding a level topline & good tailset. My only criticism is that I would like a touch more white of eye, very nice. Reserve CC.
- Allitt’s TILLASHBY HANAYAKA. Lovely head with dark, round surprised eye. Fine bone, cobby well ribbed body with short back. Level topline, went well, just needs coat to complete picture, very pretty.
- STEPHETER WANNA SHOUT FOR RAKUCHIN.
Brace. (4, 1 abs.)
- Farmers well matched pair that moved in unison around the ring.
- Mountcastles pair that went well together but head markings not qite matching.
- Banks pair.
TRACY JACKSON (JUDGE)